Retirement Career Question:
Download Questions PDF

Tell me will I get interest on the lump sum payment of my retirement contributions?


If you contributed to the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), you will get interest on the refund of those contributions if you worked more than one year. Interest is paid at the same rate that is paid for government securities. See the variable interest rates. If you contributed to the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) while you worked, interest will be included in the refund of those contributions if you have more than one but less than five years of service. Interest is paid at three percent.

Download Retirement Career Interview Questions And Answers PDF

Previous QuestionNext Question
Tell me will I be eligible for health and life insurance benefits when I begin receiving a deferred retirement benefit?Explain your greatest weakness?