You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-05 04:33:54

husnain
User RankUser RankUser RankUser RankUser RankUser Rank
Administrator
Website

How to prepare numerical reasoning tests?

Numerical tests.
Numerical reasoning tests contain questions that test your knowledge of
Ratios
Percentage increase/decrease
Cost and sales analysis
Rates and trends
Currency conversions
Use a calculator.
The tests are not negatively marked but accuracy is essential so try not to rush or guess. Practice makes perfect.

Typical Format of Numerical Reasoning Assessments:
The format commonly used in graduate and managerial numerical reasoning assessments is multiple choice questions linked to a graph / table which need to be completed under significant time pressure. This format is commonly used by the major test publishers e.g. SHL and Kenexa.
There are typically 4 – 6 possible multiple choice answers per question. Only one will be correct while the others will be ‘distractors’ i.e. answers which are reached by performing incorrect calculations or selecting the wrong data. Distractors make it harder to guess.
Candidates are typically presented with a graph or table and asked to answer questions using only information provided in the graphic.
Numerical reasoning tests assess your ability to deal with data quickly and accurately under time pressure. They do not require knowledge of complicated formulas or mathematical formulas, therefore, it is possible to practice and improve your speed, accuracy and performance.
The skills most commonly tested in numerical reasoning assessments are:
Simple mathematics i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
More advanced mathematics e.g. ratios, percentage increase & decrease, currency calculations and more.
Data interpretation i.e. can you extract relevant data from a graph / table.
Data manipulation i.e. can you extract relevant information and use that to answer questions.
Negative marking is not common in numerical reasoning assessments, however, measurement of accuracy is. Accuracy is measured by analysing the number of correct answers and comparing that to the time taken to complete the assessment. That is why it’s very important to work quickly and accurately and move on if you get stuck on one particular question.

Conclusion:
Practice as many questions as possible – it’s the best way to improve and it’s very likely that other applicants will be practicing so you should too.
Be mindful of timings.
Practice the questions you find the hardest.
Think positively, think of your numerical reasoning assessment as a chance to demonstrate what you know and differentiate yourself from the competition.

You cannot discover the new oceans unless you have the courage to lose the sight of the shore.

2014-10-05 04:33:54

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: How to prepare numerical reasoning tests?

\n
The following user say "Thank You" for this post:Guest

Board footer