You are not logged in.
- Registered: 2015-02-02
- Posts: 48
A state or condition in which a person or community lacks the financial resources and essentials to enjoy a minimum standard of life and well-being that's considered acceptable in society.
Condition where people's basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter are not being met.
Poverty is generally of two types:
(1) Absolute poverty is synonymous with destitution and occurs when people cannot obtain adequate resources (measured in terms of calories or nutrition) to support a minimum level of physical health. Absolute poverty means about the same everywhere, and can be eradicated as demonstrated by some countries.
(2) Relative poverty occurs when people do not enjoy a certain minimum level of living standards as determined by a government (and enjoyed by the bulk of the population) that vary from country to country, sometimes within the same country. Relative poverty occurs everywhere, is said to be increasing, and may never be eradicated.
Solutions of Poverty:
Here are 10 steps Congress can take to cut poverty, boost economic security, and expand the middle class.
1. Create jobs,
2. Raise the minimum wage,
3. Increase the Earned Income Tax Credit for childless workers,
4. Support pay equity,
5. Provide paid leave and paid sick days,
6. Establish work schedules that work,
7. Reform the criminal justice system and enact policies that support successful re-entry.
Last edited by attique (2015-02-04 10:39:14)
- Ads By Google