Your job search will not complete unless you use the Internet to your get
advantage of jobs search. In this article we will guide you how to select
the appropriate channel of jobs searching.
Steps To Fine Jobs
- First of all search job with your qualification and designation at major
Search Engines such as Google.com Yahoo.com
- Search popular job sites like Monster.com, Careerbuilder.com or
- Find job search sites specific to your industry, like AgCareers.com if
you're into farming or jobsinthemoney.com if you're into finance.
- Go to a standard search engine and type in:
+[position sought] +[city or region of choice] +salary
e.g. Job for Software Engineer at New York
Type in the actual word "salary" not your desired salary. This should yield
job listings scattered throughout the Internet.
Tips for Jobs Search via Search Engine
- If you really want to get a job, make sure to make contact with a person
in the company or organization in which you hope to be gainfully employed.
Phone calls are best but email is also a good way.
- Make sure to follow up on applications.
- Many companies that accept applications online require you to register
in order to submit your application. Make sure you are focused only on
companies you really want to work for as registering can take a long time.
Advices for Jobs searching
- Simply submitting your resume to companies via their online submission
pages will not help much if you do not follow up by calling or emailing the
Human Resources person in charge of looking at resumes. Most resumes
submitted online are simply filed and rarely referenced.