You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-05 03:29:27

husnain
User RankUser RankUser RankUser RankUser RankUser Rank
Administrator
Website

How To Be Prepare For University Interview?

Top Tips For University Student:

Attend University:

To attend a university interview and juggling feelings of satisfaction, panic and terror all at once? While it’s natural to be nervous, having an idea of what to expect can help you to shine on the day. Here are some top tips to get you interview-ready.

Be Familiar With Course:

Read about the course, become familiar with what it is they will teach you and why the particular content and structure of the course attracted you.
Research as much as you can about the course and if you have any questions about it, then ask. Initiative always looks good.

Find Teacher:

You should be able to find a teacher willing to practice with you, but it doesn't need to be anybody particularly qualified to conduct a formal interview - you could also ask parents, friends or siblings to help.

Be Enthusiastic:

It is important to be very enthusiastic and convinced of your own worth when going into the interview - don't convince yourself beforehand that you don't stand a chance.

Calm Yourself:

To calm yourself, look on it as a brilliant opportunity to gain an insight into the university and enjoy some challenges related to your area of interest.
Make sure you know your personal statement t inside out, and that anything you write in there is not exaggerated. If you say you've undertaken voluntary work, read a book or entered a competition, be prepared to talk about it!

Read Department's Website:

I read the department's website thoroughly and got to know roughly who lectures in what field and what they research. When it came to the day of interview we were all given a list of lecturers and who would be interviewed by them. I felt relaxed and comfortable because from my research I knew what my interviewer looked like and what her area of expertise was. This made it much easier to ask her questions that were relevant and I think she was impressed by my knowledge of the department and her research.

Point:

I think the point of an interview is not so much as to find out how much you know about the chosen subject matter, but more to see how suited and committed to the course you will be. Learn a few basic areas of the subject applied for, but just have a clear, concise reason as to why you want to study that particular course at that particular university - and really be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for it.

You cannot discover the new oceans unless you have the courage to lose the sight of the shore.

2014-10-05 03:29:27

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: How To Be Prepare For University Interview?

\n
The following user say "Thank You" for this post:Guest

Board footer